FRENZ can help you to be eligible to work in New Zealand

Essential Skills Work Visas can be from 1-5 years depending on your qualifications and work experience and the industry in which you’re looking to work.

To get a work visa you must first have a job offer. In addition to having the qualifications, skills and experience to meet your prospective employer’s requirements, you must also meet Immigration NZ’s which can be a bit tricky.

  • There are restrictions on how long for which these visas are valid
  • There are restrictions on whether family members can join you here in NZ or not.

You must be of good character and in good health.

“When I hear the words helpful, supportive, understanding, compassionate and intouch, I see Frenz. All these words describe them. When I was applying for my visa it was quite a stressful time and they were understanding, helpful, supportive and compassionate with regular followups and updates. I would advise them for anyone around this world and any age, because had outstanding service from them.” Rozanne

Variations of Condition

Circumstances sometimes change. It is your responsibility to ensure that you always comply with the conditions of your visa.

If you change position, change employers, want to work while you study, want to study while you work, you must make sure your visa allows you to; otherwise, you will be working illegally.

If it doesn’t, you must either get a new visa or apply for a variation of conditions (VOC) on your visa. A VOC is less expensive than a new visa and generally, though not always, less involved with a faster turnaround.

A VOC will have the same expiry date as your current visa, but it will allow you to make the change that you need and remain lawful in NZ.

Being able to work through a family or partnership visa

With the Family Category, as a partner of a New Zealand Citizen or Resident Visa Holder, you may be eligible to apply for Residence on the basis of your relationship.
INZ will assess the relationship and will require evidence that it is genuine and stable and that you have been living together for at least 12 months.

  • You must meet health and character requirements.
  • You do not need to prove your English language ability for this type of residence visa.

Partnership Visa (Partner not a New Zealand Citizen or Resident Visa Holder)

If you are a Partner of a Work Visa holder or Student visa holder who is not a New Zealander, you may be eligible for a work visa for the same duration as your partner’s work/student visa.

  • You must satisfy Immigration New Zealand that your relationship is genuine and stable.
  • You must be of good character and in good health.
Partnership Visa (New Zealand partner).
If you have lived together with a New Zealand partner for less than 12 months, you may be eligible for a work visa. The length of the work visa may depend on the amount of time you have lived with your New Zealand partner.

  • You must satisfy Immigration New Zealand that your relationship is genuine and stable.
  • You must provide evidence of the duration of the relationship
  • You must be of good character and in good health.

Contact us for help…

  • If you’re an employer  looking to bring in an overseas worker and need to know more about our services, you can call us at 0800 891 314
  • If you want to secure a position or obtain work eligibility,  you can contact us or fill out a quick form and we’ll contact you.  

If we can help you, we’ll contact you with our terms and all the relevant documents (as required under the Code of Conduct for Licensed Immigration Advisors by the Immigration Advisors Association of New Zealand).

Contact Us

8 Adelaide Street, Auckland 1010. New Zealand

+64 21 711 071 | 0800 891 314

Sign Up