Coming to NZ to Study
New Zealand is renowned for its high level of education. If you want to come and study here and have an offer of a place to study for more than three months from a NZ Institution, you must apply for a student visa.
The student visa will last as long as your course of study.
- You will need to show that you have enough money to live in NZ whilst you are studying and a return ticket or the funds to buy one.
- Some students may be allowed to work for up to 20 hours during school term.
- Certain courses will allow you to stay on and work in NZ for up to three years post graduation.
Getting a Visa to visit NZ
New Zealand welcomes visitors. A visitor visa will allow you to:
- visit friends and family
- study for up to 3 months
- explore the country
You may also include family members in your application.
As a partner of a New Zealand or New Zealand Resident Visa Holder, you may be eligible to apply for a visitor visa to NZ. The visitor visa may be approved for up to 9 months.
In order to acquire a visitor visa, you will need to show evidence that you have sufficient funds for your stay. Keep in mind, that you also will not be able allowed to work on this type of visa.
Bringing your child to NZ
If you are working or studying in NZ, you may be able to sponsor your child to live here with you.
Depending on how old your child is, you may have to apply for a visitor or student visa. If your child was born in New Zealand, you must ensure that you apply for a visa for him/her to remain lawfully in New Zealand.
Contact us for help…
- If you’re an employer looking to bring in an overseas worker and need to know more about our services, you can call us at 0800 891 314
- If you want to secure a position or obtain work eligibility, you can contact us or fill out a quick form and we’ll contact you.
If we can help you, we’ll contact you with our terms and all the relevant documents (as required under the Code of Conduct for Licensed Immigration Advisors by the Immigration Advisors Association of New Zealand).